Experience Japan's toilets,
and you will love Japan even more
そして)日本の快適なトイレ文化と技術力を)ここ成田国際空港から世界に発信したい。そんな私たちの思いを)建築家のクライン ダイサム アーキテクツに委ね)世界の誰も見たことのないGALLERY TOTOが誕生しました。
GALLERY TOTO is a digital gallery of toilets presented by TOTO and Narita International Airport. This delightful and engaging space is open to everyone. We would like to share the sense of toilet comfort and technology that is so important in Japan from Narita International Airport to the rest of the world.
We called upon Klein Dytham architecture to develop our ideas and objectives into GALLERY TOTO. In the 100 years since its establishment in 1917,TOTO has continued in it's pursuit of developing user-friendly toilets for a diverse range of customers.
We invite you to experience the outstanding excellence of Japan's most advanced toilets here at GALLERY TOTO.
"Feel" GALLERY TOTO
Experience the latest toilets for yourself at GALLERY TOTO
Japanese Culture X GALLERY TOTO
To obtain an inside view of this challenging project that produced GALLERY TOTO, we spoke to the architects responsible for the design and the senior manager from TOTO who was responsible for the project.
Klein Dytham architecture (KDa)
- Established in Tokyo in 1991 by Astrid Klein and Mark Dytham, Klein Dytham architecture (KDa) is a multi-lingual office known for architecture, interiors, public spaces and installations, with major creations such as DAIKANYAMA T-SITE / Daikanyama Tsutaya bookstore, SHISEIDO THE GINZA, Google Tokyo, Gallery TOTO, etc. Klein Dytham architecture (KDa) also won the American Retail Environment Awards, D&AD Awards, and the World Architecture Festival Awards. They are the originators of PechaKucha Night, an international network with events held in more than 900 cities.
We asked TOTO GALLERY users for their feedback
- Q1 Overall impressions of GALLERY TOTO's design as a facility
- Q2 Impressions about the comfort of the toilet booths (compartments) at GALLERY TOTO
- Q3 Aspects of GALLERY TOTO that were satisfying
- Q4 Impressions of Washlets at GALLERY TOTO
- Q5 Impressions of GALLERY TOTO after use
GALLERY TOTO features four stall rooms each for men and women,
as well as one nursing room and one multi-purpose room, for a total of ten rooms.
- NEOREST AH1
- The full cover type with a beautiful linear form that harmonizes with the space.
- RESTROOM ITEM 01
- A simple design that is easy to clean. Equipped with the latest eco-friendly features.
The Gallery TOTO at the Narita International Airport is located in the communication passage of the NARITA SKY LOUNGE "WA",
which connects the Terminal 2 and the Satellite (annex).