Alumina PCA Tubes
When compared to quartz HID lamps, Poly Crystalline Alumina or PCAs, provide better performance and operational efficiencies for HID lamps including : longer lamp life, improved energy conservation and greater cost savings.
ＴＯＴＯ's ceramic material ''know-how'' , combined with precision machining and material characterization capabilities, offers customers the testing and engineering analysis necessary to optimize their lighting designs quickly and with superior results.
Example) Standard PCA Tubes
- ■High Linear Transmittance
Compared to other PCA manufactures, ＴＯＴＯ's PCA Tubes have a higher linear light transmittance which improves the Ceramic Metal Halide lamp's luminous efficacy.
- ■High Mechanical Strength
- ＴＯＴＯ's PCA Tubes have enhanced mechanical strength which increases HID lamp life and reliability.
- ■High Thermal Conductivity
The high thermal conductivity of ＴＯＴＯ's PCA Tubes(36 W/m･K） is conducive to uniform heat distribution during lighting, which also helps to extend HID lamp life.
- ■CAE Analysis
- ＴＯＴＯ supports customers in improving their lamp designs and performance, using CAE analysis to verify PCA tube dimensions and optimize the lamp's key light quality indices.
- ■Sealing Condition Optimization
- Utilizing ＴＯＴＯ's in-house sealing equipment and sealing frit technology, customers are able to determine the ideal sealing conditions for better performance and reliability.
- ■Lamp Light Testing
- ＴＯＴＯ can assist with customer lamp designs by reproducing the desired lighting conditions and conducting various PCA tests and evaluations at ＴＯＴＯ's engineering facility.
- ■Various Analytical Services
ＴＯＴＯ also offers customers destructive and non-destructive PCA tests and analysis, based on their technical needs to identify the problem's root causes and determine the most effective solutions.
Properties of ＴＯＴＯ's PCA Tube
|Total Light Transmittance||％||97.5|
|Thermal Conductivity||W/m ・K||36|
|x10-6 / ℃||4|